Here is a small draft to upgrade from Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.1 to 12.1.3 with Oracle database 22.214.171.124 The system to upgrade is Red Hat Linux 5.5 x86-64 bit.
1. Shutdown the database and apps tier and take a cold backup of both Tiers.
2. Change at initSID.ora or spfile the database parameters.
_disable_fast_validate=TRUE (This is a conditional step)
alter system set "_disable_fast_validate" = TRUE scope = spfile; (This is a conditional step)
alter system set recyclebin = off scope = spfile;
3. Start the database and listener. Since you are on Oracle 126.96.36.199
you don't have to apply any additional database patches to support the EBS R12.1.3
4. Check that the OLAP
option is installed at the database! If you don't have the OLAP, you must install it. To check if it exists execute:
select value from v$option where parameter = 'OLAP';
if returns TRUE, OLAP is turned on and you can move to step 6.
if returns FALSE, shutdown database and turn OLAP on:
5. How to install OLAP (only if you don't have it). With the database closed, set the database environment and execute the 2 commands
make -f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk olap_on
make -f $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib/ins_rdbms.mk ioracle
Start the database and finally to install OLAP execute:
sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
SQL>@olap.sql SYSAUX TEMP;
SQL>select comp_name, status, version from dba_registry;
OLAP AnalyticWorkspace VALID
Oracle OLAP API VALID
OLAP Catalog VALID
6. Upgrade Applications to 12.1.3. You have to download patches 9239089, 9239090
, 9239095. Don't expect to find specific patches for x86-64bit linux. The standard x86 Linux patch works for both 32-bit and 64-bit Linux.
7. Apply R12.AD.B.DELTA.3 - Patch 9239089
a. Create $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin on the database server.
b. Copy adgrants.sql (UNIX) from this patch directory 9239089 to $ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin.
c. Set the environment to point to ORACLE_HOME on the database server.
d. Use SQL*Plus to run the script:
$ sqlplus "/ as sysdba"
SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/appsutil/admin/adgrants.sql APPS
e. Enable maintenance mode with adadmin, and set the environment to correct apps environment.
Check that $>echo $ORACLE_HOME returns /apps/tech_st/10.1.2 and not 10.1.3
In case you have the Errors While Applying Patch: adogjf() Unable to copy Registry.Dat
check Oracle Support Doc 551841.1
f. Apply u9239089.drv of the patch using adpatch
8. Apply Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.1.3 with patch 9239090
. Bear in mind that it will take hours
to copy all the new forms, reports, pl/sql and to compile all the invalid objects at last! You don't have to run autoconfig on the apps tier, since the patch runs it at the end.
9. In case the worker /patches/9239090/ap/patch/115/sql/aptoltax.sql is very slow
due to big table data then do one of the following workarounds:
a. Replace the file aptoltax.sql with the file from the patch Patch:10358280:R12.AP.B.
Run adctrl and set the workers at Failed
Restart the failed workers so they can run with the new aptoltax.sql.
b. Run adctrl, press 8 and Skip/restart
the aptoltax.sql workers.
10. Apply the latest consolidated online help patch 9239095.